More precisely, we work on many ways to better support software development at different levels, from programming languages to development environments, including tools to support program understanding (debuggers, profilers, visualizers). We also study the practice of programming, through mining software repositories as well as user studies.
Where do we publish? Here is the PLEIAD Trail (major conferences only) since 2010:
- 2013: AOSD (2), MSR, WCRE (proc.), IWPSE (proc.)
- 2012: AOSD (proc.), ECOOP, FSE, ICPC, ICSE (2), OOPSLA
- 2011: AOSD, ECOOP (3), FSE, ICPC (2), ICSE (2), MODELS, MSR, OOPSLA, IWPSE (proc.)
- 2010: AOSD (2), ASE, GPCE, ICSE, MSR (2), SAC, SC, SCAM, TOOLS
We also publish in the following journals: ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, Automated Software Engineering, Computer Languages, Systems and Structures; Concurrency and Computation-Practice and Experience; Empirical Software Engineering; IEEE Software; IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering; Personal and Ubiquitous Computing; Science of Computer Programming; Software-Practice and Experience.
With whom do we collaborate? Here is a list of PLEIAD scientific collaborations (projects, publications, visits) since 2010: Brown University (USA), Carnegie Mellon University (USA), INRIA Nantes and Lille (France), Technical University of Darmstadt (Germany), Universidad de La Plata (Argentina), University of Bern (Switzerland), University of British Columbia (Canada), University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany), University of Lugano (Switzerland), Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- Paper on Gradual Typing for Smalltalk accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming
- É. Tanter is PC member of FOOL 2013
- Ismael Figueroa is PC member of Modularity 2014!
- É. Tanter is now Editor-in-Chief of the LNCS Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development.
- Paper accepted at MSR 2013: Using Developer Interaction Data to Compare Expertise Metrics (Robbes, Röthlisberger)
- Ismael Figueroa won the ACM Student Research Competition at the AOSD 2013 conference, with his work on Taming Aspects with Monads and Membranes!
- Paper on Parallel Actor Monitors (Scholliers, Tanter, De Meuter) accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming.
- Vanessa Peña, Juan Pablo Sandoval and Juraj Kubelka got a Fondecyt PhD scholarship! Pleiad is growing!
- Paper on Join Point Interfaces for Safe and Flexible Decoupling of Aspects (Bodden, Tanter, Inostroza) accepted for publication in ACM TOSEM.
- New INRIA Équipe Associée “REAL: Reasoning about Effects in Aspect Languages” with Pleiad, 2013-2015.
- LACCIR project “Studies and support of work fragmentation for software developers in small and medium size companies” accepted, 2013-2014 (Robbes, Gonzalez)
- Two papers accepted at AOSD 2013: A Typed Monadic Embedding of Aspects (Tabareau, Figueroa, Tanter), and Secure and Modular Access Control with Aspects (Toledo, Tanter)
- Alexandre Bergel is co-chair of the Artifact program at ESEC/FSE 2013
- A. Bergel is part of the ECOOP 2013 program committee