More precisely, we work on many ways to better support software development at different levels, from programming languages to development environments, including tools to support program understanding (debuggers, profilers, visualizers). We also study the practice of programming, through mining software repositories as well as user studies.
Where do we publish? Here is the PLEIAD Trail (major conferences only) since 2010:
- 2014: ICSE, Modularity (2)
- 2013: AOSD (2), DLS, MSR, WCRE (proc.), IWPSE (proc.), VISSOFT (2)
- 2012: AOSD (proc.), ECOOP, FSE, ICPC, ICSE (2), OOPSLA
- 2011: AOSD, ECOOP (3), FSE, ICPC (2), ICSE (2), MODELS, MSR, OOPSLA, IWPSE (proc.)
- 2010: AOSD (2), ASE, GPCE, ICSE, MSR (2), SAC, SC, SCAM, TOOLS
We also publish in the following journals: ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, Automated Software Engineering, Computer Languages, Systems and Structures; Concurrency and Computation-Practice and Experience; Empirical Software Engineering; IEEE Software; IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering; Personal and Ubiquitous Computing; Science of Computer Programming; Software-Practice and Experience.
With whom do we collaborate? Here is a list of PLEIAD scientific collaborations (projects, publications, visits) since 2010: Brown University (USA), Carnegie Mellon University (USA), INRIA Nantes and Lille (France), Technical University of Darmstadt (Germany), Universidad de La Plata (Argentina), University of Bern (Switzerland), University of British Columbia (Canada), University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany), University of Lugano (Switzerland), Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium)
- Éric Tanter is PC member of the 24th European Symposium on Programming (ESOP 2015)
- Éric Tanter will participate in the Dagstuhl Seminar on “Scripting Languages and Frameworks: Analysis and Verification”, July 2014.
- Éric Tanter is PC member of the 13th International Conference on Generative Programming (GPCE 2014)
- After nearly 5 years of hard work, the book Deep Into Pharo is out!
- Paper on How (and Why) Developers Use the Dynamic Features of Programming Languages: the Case of Smalltalk (Callaú, Robbes, Tanter, Röthlisberger) now published in the Empirical Software Engineering journal
- Paper on Execution Levels for Aspect-Oriented Programming: Design, Semantics, Implementations and Applications (Tanter, Figueroa, Tabareau) accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming
- Alex Bergel is PC member of CSMR-WCRE ERA 2014
- Alex Bergel is PC member of OOPS 2014
- Paper on Cast Insertion Strategies for Gradually-Typed Objects (Allende, Fabry, Tanter) accepted for publication at DLS 2013
- Paper on Computational Contracts (Scholliers, Tanter, De Meuter) accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming
- Paper on Gradual Typing for Smalltalk (Allende, Callaú, Fabry, Tanter, Denker) accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming
- Éric Tanter is PC member of FOOL 2013
- Ismael Figueroa is PC member of Modularity 2014!
- Éric Tanter is now Editor-in-Chief of the LNCS Transactions on Aspect-Oriented Software Development.
- Paper accepted at MSR 2013: Using Developer Interaction Data to Compare Expertise Metrics (Robbes, Röthlisberger)
- Ismael Figueroa won the ACM Student Research Competition at the AOSD 2013 conference, with his work on Taming Aspects with Monads and Membranes!
- Paper on Parallel Actor Monitors (Scholliers, Tanter, De Meuter) accepted for publication in Science of Computer Programming.
- Paper on Join Point Interfaces for Safe and Flexible Decoupling of Aspects (Bodden, Tanter, Inostroza) accepted for publication in ACM TOSEM.
- New INRIA Équipe Associée REAL: Reasoning about Effects in Aspect Languages with Pleiad, 2013-2015 (led by Tanter and Noyé).